- 16 years of age or older, Applications under 18 years of age must provide a letter of consent from parent or guardian,
- Reside in or be an Employee of the Edgewater Park Community,
- Complete and Pass New York State - New Volunteer Firefighter Arson/Sex Offender Background Check,
- Agree to a New York State Department of Motor Vehicles License Event Notification Service (LENS) Check,
- Willing to provide scheduled and unscheduled times of your day to respond and assist with emergencies.
YES! The majority of our volunteer firefighters and EMS providers come to the volunteer fire service with no prior firefighting or emergency medical experience. Our department will provide you all the training you need, free of charge!
No, there is not a maximum age to join our department. If you can meet the medical requirements for the role you are applying for, your application will be considered. Also, keep in mind that while you may not meet the medical/physical criteria to be an interior firefighter, you may meet the criteria to serve as an exterior firefighter, a driver, EMS provider, or fill an important support role.
Since 1922, Edgewater Park Volunteers have aided neighbors of the community. These volunteers provide Fire Fighting, First Aid and Evacuation assistance to the community just to name a few. We do this without a paycheck, in our own time, and sometime on our own dime, because it is the right thing to do. We are always looking for new members to help serve our community, continuing our motto of “Neighbors Helping Neighbors.”
If you're interested in joining our department, start by applying here and we will reach out to you soon